To find out if your school is on the “List of 1000 Failing Schools”, follow these steps:
Click here to download the complete list for 2013-14.
Or, coming soon:
- Go to: http://cde.ca.gov
- At the top, click “Specialized Programs”
- On the left-hand column, click “Educational Options”
- Scroll down to click “Open Enrollment”
- Scroll down to click “2013-14 School Year” under “Data Reports”
- Select your COUNTY and then your DISTRICT, and finally check to see if your school is listed in the table that appears on your screen. *
* You will notice an Academic Performance Index (API) number located next to your child’s school. Most schools identified as “failing” are somewhere in the 500- 799 range.
If your school’s name is NOT on the list, it means you are not eligible under this law for this program; however, you can contact your local school district to find out more about other choice options for which you may be eligible.
All information provided here is also available on the California Department of Education’s website.